GATE 2014 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Notification
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology that are listed below on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
The GATE committee, which comprises of representatives from the administering institutes, is the sole authority for regulating the examination and declaring the results.The overall coordination and responsibility of conducting GATE 2014 lies with Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, designated as the Organizing Institute for GATE 2014.
Download GATE 2014 Brochure Here [Syllabus For All Papers Included]
Download GATE 2013 Poster Here
Download GATE Previous Question Papers & Answer Keys Here [1991 To 2013]
New in GATE 20141) Examinations for all the 21 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
2) GATE 2014 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2014 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details on complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
3) A new paper "Ecology and Evolution" is introduced in GATE 2014.
Note : Changes in GATE 2013 that will continue to remain in force for GATE 2014.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: Enrolment, Application Filling, Application Submission Monday 2nd September 2013 Last Date for Enrolment (after this only enrolled candidates can fill the application) Tuesday 1st October 2013 Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website Thursday 3rd October 2013 Last Date for the receipt of Print-out of the ONLINE Application along with all the supporting documents at the respective Zonal GATE Offices Thursday 10th October 2013 Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City Wednesday 20th November 2013 Availability of Admit Card on the GOAPS website for printing Wednesday 18th December 2013 GATE 2014 Online Examination
Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
Between 1st February and 2nd March 2014 Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website Friday 28th March 2014 (10:00 Hrs)
- Male Candidates (General/OBC) : Rs.1500/-
- Women Candidates of any category : Rs.750/-
- Other Candidates (General/OBC) : Rs.1500/-
- SC / ST / PD* Category Candidates : Rs.750/-
Examination cities: See the Brochure
How to Apply:
All candidates have to apply only ONLINE. An online interface is provided for your interaction with the GATE Office. With this interface you can
- Do Enrolment using “New User Register here”
- Fill the online application form
- Upload photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee through net-banking or indicate your option for payment through bank challan (State Bank of India or Syndicate Bank)
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Contact the Zonal GATE Offices in case of any queries/problems
- Download Admit Card
- View your responses, marks and GATE score
The login to this interface is through your GOAPS Enrolment ID and a GOAPS password. Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
GATE 2014 Score:
After the evaluation of the answers, the raw marks obtained by a candidate will be converted to a normalized GATE Score. From 2013 onwards, the GATE score of a candidate is being computed using the formula given below. The GATE Score of a candidate is computed from:
The GATE 2014 Committee has the authority to decide the qualifying mark/score for each GATE paper. In case any claim or dispute arises in respect of GATE 2014, it is hereby made absolutely clear that the Courts and Tribunals in Kolkata and Kolkata alone shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and settle any such dispute or claim.